Time of the year again

So it's the end of a year again and it's time to look back on some of the train trips I've taken in 2012. Since most people who visit this blog will probably only read the first few sentences or so, I'll say happy holidays and happy 2013 here instead.

The first two picture albums down here are from my little 3-day getaway to Portland, Oregon. One from when I was on my way, the other from me strolling around in the little gem in the Pacific Northwest. I drove for a few hours to Shelby, Montana, the closest Amtrak station from the unfortunate and middle-of-nowhere Albertan city I live in (where there had been no passenger rail service for decades), in order to board the Empire Builder, a wonderful long distance train that took me to destination.



Then in June, I went on an overseas trip to England, where I had the chance to attend an elaborate train show hosted by the National Railway Museum in York, called Railfest 2012. It was during the opening day of Railfest that Class 91 locomotive no. 110 (also the speed record holder for British trains) was renamed to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. Well, this one is on SkyDrive, so you'll need to click on the little thumbnail below to see the entire album.


Then Octobre came (yes I did spell it with "re"), and I went on another little trip to the better part of my country to see our national railway museum, the Exporail, or le Musée Ferrovaire Canadien. The town the museum is at isn't really that nice to be honest, Saint-Constant, across the Saint-Laurent from Montréal, is quite difficult to get to without a car. I mean, come on, it's a rail museum. You can revisit this picture album of mine by clicking the little thumbnail above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Briefly on the AAR Coupler Part 2

Amtrak NPCU

Bombardier IORE